What is Emotional Intelligence?
Emotional intelligence (EI) is a set of skills that influence the way we perceive and express ourselves, develop and maintain relationships, cope with challenges and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way.
Why is it important?
EI is proven to be a key predictor of human performance and development. People with higher EI communicate effectively, form strong relationships and can create powerful coping strategies. EI can be measured and, unlike IQ, can be noticeably strengthened and developed.
The EQ-i 2.0 Model
The EQ-i 2.0 features an overarching score in Emotional Intelligence, broken down into five composite scores which are then broken down into a total of 15 subscales. It addresses key questions such as:
- Am I realistic about how I perceive myself?
- Should I express myself more?
- Are there better ways to connect at a personal level?
- How can I make better decisions?
- What ways can I manage stress better?
In addition, a well-being indicator measure’s your client’s level of happiness, providing additional development opportunities.
Reliability & Validity
For almost 20 years, consultants and organisations have trusted the science that underpins the EQ-i 2.0 to help improve human performance. As the first scientifically validated measure of EI, supported by research from leading organisations, you can rely on the EQ-i 2.0 to provide robustness and accuracy to your assessment initiatives.
The EQ-i 2.0 displays strong reliability, both in terms of test-retest and internal consistency. This means that your clients’ scores will remain stable over time (unless development efforts are used to improve their scores) and that items measuring a particular subscale all tap into aspects of that subscale.
The tool also has robust validity, as it measures what it was designed to measure and can predict important outcomes. The EQ-i 2.0 is based on a history of assessment research spanning decades; the structure of the model holds up in different regions across the world; and it has been used to predict job performance and leadership competencies.
Our EQ-i 2.0 certification workshop will qualify you to administer, interpret and provide feedback on both the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 assessments. Our two-day session is delivered by engaging and experienced trainers and includes many practical, applied activities.
By the end of the certification program, you will be able to:
- Define emotional intelligence and understand its importance
- Demonstrate an understanding of the EQ-i2.0 framework
- Describe the components of the EQ-i2.0 including defining composite scales and subscales
- Understand the science behind the EQ-i2.0
- Administer the EQ-i2.0
- Interpret an EQ-i2.0 assessment
- Follow a structured approach to preparing for a feedback session
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct an effective assessment feedback session
- Explain the benefits of EI to their client groups
- Describe how EI applies to different disciplines
- Identify resources available post-certification
- Assess which report type is appropriate for your client