KinchLyons’ talent assessments offer you the tools to select, measure and review talent within your organisation. From informing recruitment decisions, to improving post-hire performance, to accelerating career progression, our products can enhance assessment at each stage of your talent management process.
Our range of internationally renowned, scientifically validated and reliable tools can:
- Provide data and insights to help you make informed employment decisions and select the best talent.
- Increase new hire engagement and performance through a more effective onboarding process.
- Provide a context and framework for development programmes and career progression.
- Unleash talent within your organisation and help develop the next generation of leaders.
- Measure and develop leadership skills to maximise the capabilities of your existing leaders.
All our team are qualified, accredited coaches, with international experience and expertise in leadership and executive coaching across a wide range of roles and industries. We’re passionate about bringing out the best in our clients and helping you reach your full potential.
Our coaching process involves a series of one-to-one sessions between coach and client over a specified time period. We build self-awareness, facilitate learning and encourage our client to set and achieve goals relevant to their personal and professional development plan.
Positive Psychology, the scientific study of the strengths that enable individuals to thrive, is at the heart of our methods.
We draw on the world’s best leadership, team and change experts; incorporating the latest from our own research, as well as the best from outstanding experts including:
- Alan Lyons (iChange)
- Jack Welch (Winning)
- Daniel Goleman (Focus)
- Martin Seligman (Flourish)
- Steven Stein (The EQ Edge, The EQ Leader)
- Stephen Covey (The 8th Habit)
- Carol Dweck (Mindset: The New Psychology of Success)
- Barbara Fredrickson (Positivity)
- John Kotter (A Sense of Urgency)
- Ram Charan (Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done)
Our business simulations are fun and engaging experiential learning activities where participants deal with challenges similar to those found in the workplace. An effective simulation challenges our knowledge, emotions and skills, just as any work environment would.
In simulations, participants experience the common tasks of communicating with customers, managing budgets, developing stakeholder relationships, changing markets, etc. Participants work as individuals and in teams to consider and discuss possible solutions to the challenges they face.
They offer instant opportunities for feedback and reflection in a way that traditional classroom or online training cannot. This allows for immediate insights into our behaviour and the impact it has on those around in our workplace.